Alpe D'Huez

Alpe D'Huez

Training in the Lakes

Training in the Lakes
Pain on Newlands Pass

Sunday 5 December 2010

Tour du jardin des centres d'Eastleigh

Following the poor weather of late, Sunday 5th December 2010 turned into a grand tour of the local garden centres looking for Christmas presents.
With all the salt on the roads and still some snow and ice, Amanda and myself got on the trusty mountain bikes and headed off into the fog. While not too cold to start with, the thickening mist meant that by 2pm you could feel the air tearing strips of your face - too much even for Nivea For Men's most expensive "Q10" to protect against (cripes .... did I just admit to that?).
Only ended up cycling ten miles but it didn't look as though we would be cycling at all with how the weather has been this week.

I have started to see a dilemma looming - I really quite fancy doing the Fred Whitton Challenge but it falls on the same weekend as the Hampshire Hilly Hundred and it is also the following week from my "Fat Camp" (see previous post).
May have to look into Fred Whitton Four Seasons which I believe you can do at any time sounds like a cracking idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment