Alpe D'Huez

Alpe D'Huez

Training in the Lakes

Training in the Lakes
Pain on Newlands Pass

Thursday 2 December 2010

Going to Be a Tricky One This Weekend

I was hoping to go out on the bike this weekend but the outlook is pretty grim.

We woke up to 4-6 inches of snow this morning - more than was forecast I think, but undetered, I got the trusty Gary Fisher mountain bike out of the shed and set off, quite a bit earlier than ususal to cycle to work.
Bizarrely enough, once I had got off the side roads it wasn't too bad as there were hardly any cars about and those that had ventured out were being really considerate. 45 minutes later my trusty  Cateye EL530 Power Front Light had lit the way beautifully and I arrived at the driveway into work, to find 8 inches of snow. I had a go at riding through it but there was no chance. The bike quickly slide from under me and I was down - fortunately there was no one around. Got home fine and starting to build myself ready for more of the same tomorrow.
The weekend is forecast for rain so I may have to take the Trek 1.2 out with the guys from the Sotonia Cycle Club. Good guys and they know all the best tea rooms in the Southampton area. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment