Alpe D'Huez

Alpe D'Huez

Training in the Lakes

Training in the Lakes
Pain on Newlands Pass

Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year - Fred Whitton and The Dragon Ride

A very happy new year to everyone reading this blog.

We had a quiet night of a couple of beers and a curry - hardly great cycling food but an early trip to work on New Year's morning made it a necessity.
As it's been so dry I decided to take the Madone out today and Amanda ditched the support car to join me on her Trek WSD 1.5.
We only did 30 odd miles around the Farley Mount and Kings Sombourne area but it was a lovely ride.
Amanda has booked us both in for the Dragon Ride in Wales in June as prep for the Etape. She is doing the 120km run and has booked me in for the 200km one - ouch!!
For Christmas my dear wife has also enrolled me on the Fred Whitton Four Season Challenge. 112 miles with Hardknott Pass coming at 99 miles in.
If I should meet my maker on any of these insane rides that she has booked me on - then please let the judge know that she'd been planning my demise for months in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment